2020 and 2021 were unlike any years we’ve seen. Our appreciation for those that have made life manageable for us and for our families is high. Our emergency responders (fire, EMT, police, and healthcare workers) deserve our thanks and support, now more than ever before.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we plan an event that will show them our appreciation. Join cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer in thanking our frontline workers for their support.
“I feel so honored to have been given the opportunity to participate in something like this.”
– Nav Singh, Owner, Ohio City BBQ
“It has been a long year, a hard year, for all of us – and just to think that our community appreciates what we are doing means so much. Sometimes you just feel like you are swimming upstream all alone. Just to think that someone took time out of their day to come and say, ‘We see you, we care about you and we appreciate you’ means absolutely everything.”
– Zakiyyah Bergen, Teacher, Roxboro Middle School
MAY 2021 EVENT BY THE NUMBERS
In May 2021, our Feeding the Frontlines Initiative focused on Educators. This was a huge success!
Your sponsorship feeds frontline workers,
while helping local restaurants thrive.
- Your investment provides Restaurant Gift Vouchers for Cleveland frontline workers on November 17, 2021, honoring their commitment during Covid-19, their innovation through a trying year, their long hours and heroic efforts to support Northeast Ohio.
- Our team arranges the meal vouchers (paid in full by your sponsorship) from locally-owned restaurants, keeping our businesses alive and hospitality workers employed.
- These vouchers are delivered to frontline workers selected by the cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer Team to reflect the diverse community we serve.
- Your brand is associated with this act of kindness and generosity and promoted on cleveland.com and in social media.